Sunday 23 October 2022

Time flies when having fun

 

 And that is sometimes easier said than done.

On the 1st of September 2022 I flew from Schiphol, Amsterdam to Auckland Airport Aotearoa/New Zealand via Dubai. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to browse through that airport but unfortunately due to heavy fog I was somewhat pushed for time to catch my transfer flight. Maybe on the way back in December. Who knows!

Since my arrival there has been so much happening I know I can honestly say I used every moment - to its potential. Like today.

Raglan, on the west coast out of Hamilton about 40+km. That sounds relatively close. The road however winds, twist, rises and falls over the countryside that 'plain sailing' is everything but. Stunning views too by the way. This was another of those moments in time I wished I had a dashboard camera or equivalent. I stopped on a few safe places along side the road to try and capture just a wee glimpse of the green New Zealand framing province, the Waikato. The most breathtaking views however kept showing themselves on sharp bends, deep inclines or at 'no parking here possible' moments. I have etched those visuals in my memory for keep sake. The ones I did capture will find their way to my YouTube channel eventually. I am still in the throws of completing the French Road trip episodes. New Zealand will have to wait.

Back to making the most of today. Annually there is an Art Weekend in Raglan. I say annually but that may happen more often for all I know. Initials R.A.W. So if you see that advertised if you are living in New Zealand- that's the Art weekend in Raglan. Combine that with a picnic or surf moment and you've got the perfect weekend.

On Facebook I follow a London born New Zealand lady called Toni Kingstone. Her art is, well for my taste anyway, fantastic. Here the link to her FB page: Toni Kingstone  in case you want to check her talent out. Having seen the announcement of the R. A. W. during New Zealand's Labour weekend ( Monday off) I planned to go and see the work for myself. A golden opportunity. The bonus was the drive there and back and the awesome blue sky. Oh and lunch, hot chips and a sausage roll, sitting in the grass overlooking the bay. The hard part was choosing which piece I wanted to purchase. Would it fit in my suitcase and why oh why did I like more than one piece?

My time in the temporary gallery which was set up in a motel, was very pleasant. When I introduced myself to Toni ( yes I also have a daughter named Toni) she expressed a delight to meet me. Our only contact having been online on her FB page. The space was set up very inviting to look around. The availability of a toilet was a pleasant extra, as was the tray with glasses and water jug. I felt extremely privileged as Toni, her husband and son who were all part of the sales team, made me very welcome indeed. What more could a woman on the road want?

While chatting with Toni I noticed people wandering in and out. I also noticed some empty spaces and some items with red stickers. Toni's work was definitely a draw card, as were the metal artifacts on display made by her husband. What a creative couple. I wondered around looking closely at all that was on offer. I filmed a bit. Thought that might be useful at a later stage. Two, wel more actually, but one has to narrow things down from a practical aspect, two pieces really caught my eye. I liked them both. 

😂  DA I L   -    E M MA!  😂

I didn't know what to do. Both wasn't an option. Practically, I have to take this with me when I fly back to Schiphol Airport. Is my suitcase up to the challenge? Or more urgently: Are the baggage handlers up to it? Or will I take it as hand luggage?

Emma wasn't available so I guess the choice would have to be mine. I did consult two V I P's in my life but that didn't help at all. The advice I did take was to go for a walk, have some lunch and come back - then head for the one that attracts most. 

S I G H

Yes, I made my choice. I am thrilled in fact. No I am not going to post a picture..then it won't be a surprise when I get to install it in my Woman Cave. Check the room out in this video.

Woman Cave.

Not only was this a lovely meeting I also gained a couple more fans for my YouTube channel. Isn't it wonderful when people enjoy that which one does with so much pleasure? So, my day was a really happy one. Hopefully yours was too. Onward and upward to tomorrow.


Be good.       Be kind.       Keep smiling.








2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good day. The weather was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was. Another one tomorrow would be nice. Thanks Annette. Nice to get feedback. 💖 🌸 🇳🇱 🙋‍♀️ 🇳🇿

      Delete