Sunday 25 September 2022

Loving every moment

 

Life is good to me - and mine. 


Arriving almost on the eve of the birth of my newest grandchild was such a gift. No-one could have predicted this outcome. When planning my trip I did heed a few highlights, the possible birth ( either just before on or after my arrival) this could go any which way. My son's 40th birthday and other birthdays in this period.

I wasn't prepared for everything to happen at once so it sure did send some emotional rollercoasters in action.

My dear friend Annette picked me up from Auckland Airport and drove us to a motel so I could have a shower and a good night's sleep after that mega flight from Amsterdam to Auckland. After a leisurely start and a minimal breakfast we traveled the highway to Hamilton, arriving at my son's home just as they returned from a swimming moment in the city pools. It was Father's Day Sunday. My daughter in law looking radiant and still very pregnant. 

The next few days I kept a low profile re-adjusting my body clock. Well, that was the plan. Monday evening around 8 pm saw those plans fade away as baby decided maybe it was time to make its entrance. The wee darling didn't drag out the process too long at all and just after midnight on the Tuesday around 1 am my grandson was born - on his dad's 40th birthday. Double joy.

The night was a disrupted but happy one and the early morning hours brought even more joy! Unknown to me, my son in Australia and his wife had flown in to Auckland that Monday late afternoon. So just imagine my surprise and disbelief when I saw him drive up the driveway while FaceTiming with my new grandson for the first time? I was an emotional wreck. A joyful one at that!

Things have settled down since then. Life is great. I am that wee pic up above and loving every minute of it. How blessed am I that I am able to be the support this busy household needs right now. A young family of 7 ( 8 with me included) Happily their dining table is large enough for all.

The first 3 weeks of my time here have just melted away into oblivion, leaving wonderful memories. With spring slowly taking hold and baby settling, mother gaining strength the next few weeks will just add to the wonderful experiences that lay ahead.

Thankful, that's what I am: THANKFUL


Be good      -          Be kind        -     Keep smiling 

No comments:

Post a Comment