Tuesday 20 September 2022

Life - and it's gifts


Life is a gift - unwrap it - use your undiscovered talents 

You only get one stab at life

Be generous

Be loving

Be considerate

Be all you can be


Two weeks ago I was privileged to hold a newborn grandson in my arms. A few hours old. What a joy. What a blessing. He will be sharing the love of his parents with 4 siblings, two girls ( the eldest of the 5) and 2 boys. No doubt the parents will be faced with  challenges they hadn't envisaged - on the other side of that same coin they will experience great joys too.


For the second time in my 'oma period' I have been present when one of the grandchildren arrived. As an OmaFarAway, it isn't always possible to be on the spot when such life changing events take place. I do get the feeling though that this wonder of life is the Full-stop in the family cycle. All three families now being complete. 


I am truly blessed and realise quite realistically that this is a unique position to be in. My children and grandchildren are healthy, happy, thriving individuals ( from 22y to 2 weeks) making their way in their world at their own pace and with their own uniqueness, encouraged and nurtured by their parents.


This is really all I wanted to say really. No great philosophical or debatable discussion. Just stating my joyous event- the birth of another grandchild. 




Be good.     -     Be kind.      -      Keep smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment