Thursday 14 July 2016

It's all the fault of that itching!


I have the Itchy arm syndrome!

Yes, that itchy feeling, that sensation one experiences when you think about the children and grandchildren when you haven't seen them a while. What I then get - is itchy arms. They just want to cuddle and squeeze. Well not in a awfully smothering sort of way - but comforting and warm.

And I have had this creep up on me, this itchy feeling - and it just won't go away. So it has been decided unanimously, by both my husband and me, that I start planning a trip - somewhere at the end of first half of 2017.

First step: Decide to go! - check!

Second step: check with the kids - check

Third step: Search online for affordable flights - being worked on.

Fourth step: Do flight plans coincide with kids timing - working on it

Fifth step: Decide on dates - got diary at hand

FINAL CALL: When steps 1-5 have been completed - book flight!

Well, that all sounds easy peasy. One step not mentioned is - Make sure kitty has enough money to pay for flight, prezzies, holiday fund and for the unexpected surprises.

I have to say - this is being worked on as we speak. I am counting pennies, being sensible and trying not to be a scrooge. Because the need, the want and the urge to visit is pretty high and whatever I might WANT to spend my money on - it better be NEED TO HAVE compared to WANT TO HAVE.
The want to's can wait till I get back!

NO, it isn't all pathetic. Part of the challenge and value of the saving is that I really want to have 'done it on my own'. That I manage to be the saver, the planner, the traveller. If I had the means to go annually I would still be somewhat 'scrooge like' as it makes the importance of the journey even more meaningful.
Beam me up Scotty!
( wouldn't that be handy for us Oma's ver weg?)

Before I decide the when and how I need to fulfill my commitments here so as not to leave unfinished things loafing. I also wrote in my other blog about taking control of my unhealthy body- yes well, I want to trim down a wee bit. Helps to be fit so I can keep up with my grand children.

I have made a list of to do's and have been ticking them off recently. What a back log! Still every step is one and every day a conquest.

The sun is out, the washing is dry and the ironing draped over the chair. I am off to do some more chores. It has been nice to get this 'out of my head' and decided upon. Been 'spooking' around for  a wee while now.

OK, will keep you posted on the adventures of Omaverweg as they happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment