Wednesday 20 April 2016

The school ball

I just cannot believe that it could be his final year ( Year 12 option) at High School.  My gorgeous grandson Max is preparing for his school ball.

And I won't be there- well not in body but CERTAINLY in thought and via instant pics - I will get an immediate visual image letting me know how things are going. The distance ( Nederland- Australia) is just a bridge too far for 'omaverweg' right this minute to be able to join them.

His mum has purchased a lovely gown- his dad I am sure will also look debonaire.

But my grandson- well I just KNOW he will shine.

What does make me glad though, is that his granddad will be present- he is joining them for a holiday from New Zealand- arriving just in time to make this day complete.

We get on well - as we realise that we may not have made it as a couple- we certainly do put our differences aside and respect each other in the care and well being of our children and grandchildren. That is paramount, not only for our children en grandchildren - but for us a parents.

So now, the end ball- a huge event in my grandson's life.

I will be keeping vigil during their fun night, enjoying the sent pictures and wish him, his proud parents and my former husband much joy during this awesome event.


No comments:

Post a Comment