Monday 6 June 2022

The route the wishes the possibilities

Welcome back, enjoy the read! 

If you like: Leave a comment, I'll be back each week with more. 



Well, we may have decided on the trip, the country and a timeline, we also need to define the route and make sure that some of the wishes really are fulfilled and we give ourselves extra opportunities and cover the weather conditions. Do we have enough places to visit if wet, cold, hot or otherwise? What is NOT to be missed?
 


Like all good plans, as long as one stays flexible then everything is possible and disappointments minimal. Well that’s the theory. I am writing this sitting in the communal lounge-bar entrance area of the holiday village Madame Vacances in Trébas. Our 7th address to date. I can recommend this address as a place to stay. So far we have ticked off - the coast as I wished, mainly too because it contained areas of interest for me. I have nurtured a desire to visit Dunkirk and Normandy since a child- weird dream possibly but the history lessons I received made these places intriguing. The information must have triggered something in me that the seed was sown. I’ve watched movies like Churchill, Dunkirk and the like which only made the wish even stronger. Not unimportant too, was that we had spent many a summer holiday in France with the caravan…mainly inland, it was time for some coastal views. In 2019 we travelled south through the middle so that area too we had visited quite intensively ( links to the 2019 Playlist below). To follow the coast down to Souin, just before the Spanish border in the Pyrenees, was our main challenge to fill as far as the program was concerned. The holiday address Leen found for us there was about 20km out of Lourdes. Another wee back of my mind- please may I visit Lourdes at some stage of my life wish! We made this come true..


The Pyrenees was Leen’s wish. He just loves the mountains, the crevices, the gorges and the atmosphere this area brings. In 2019, the Alps featured as the ‘high in the sky’ part of the programme. So the Pyrenees was the distance as far down as we would travel. Any further and we’d be crossing the border into Spain. The slightly touching on the 2019 experience- our way up would be sort of through the middle. My dream to visit the Roquefort Cheese caves came to play.


Wine area, cheese, snow, Tour de France routes - you couldn’t get more French than that if you tried!


France here we come: Viva la France! 


Be good - be kind - keep smiling


The link to my YouTube channel


Re-Tour de France 2022

2 comments:

  1. I love all the thought that went into planning your epic trip. What a great postscript to that "Like all good plans, as long as one stays flexible then everything is possible and disappointments minimal." So very true! I hope all your bucket list places are being ticked off and enjoyed, and that you are discovering new experiences and fun adventures along the way...as well as amazing food, of course! Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous. Indeed. Be flexible I say. Nothing worse than having to change plans mid stream when unprepared or the unexpected happens. The items we each had on our wish list were all met. So lots to share. Thanks for dropping by. 🙏 🇳🇿 🙋‍♀️ 🇳🇱

      Delete