Sunday 29 May 2016

Auw, that hurts

 ( Snapchat messsage) "Oma, oma Archie crushed his finger in the car door"!

"Oh dear. That must REALLY hurt."

"How bad is it?"

"Well, they took x-rays and it isn't broken.

It is very badly crushed though and needs to go in a split and taped up!"

"Gosh, how is he? Is he very upset and in a lot of pain?"

"He is being a real hero oma."

"Good man."

- "Hi mum, yes his thumb actually not finger. It is really bruised and looks painful. Gave him painkillers. Hope he manages to sleep through. Just got him settled for the night - I hope!"

It are moments like these I just want to hop in the car  and go give my children both big and small a hug and comfort.

I know distance is all relevant. It could be Napier - Auckland, or Amsterdam - Limburg! All difficult in their own way.

Distance- how near or how far.

I have to say I am also not a 'please live around the corner' person. Think that as children grow up they can flap their wings and soar to their own great heights - only our wings have spread and the distance is difficult to overcome on a regular and short term basis.

My grandson is nursing his hand- cared for by his siblings and parents- and that's fine- I will send a card. As he is a Mr Bean fan- I have posted a Mr Bean get well on his mum's phone. I just know that will have brought a smile to his lips.

Hope the thumb doesn't take too long to heal Archie. Airy Fairy Butterfly get well kisses from oma.






No comments:

Post a Comment